Sunday, April 19, 2009

SOME AMAZING THINGS HAPPENED TODAY.










FIRSTLY I RAN THE SALT LAKE CITY 1/2 MARATHON (and finished) MIRACLES!!! The best part about the whole thing was seeing my family at the finish line (they all came to support me:) Dan had roses in one hand and Katie saying "you are so strong mom." What a reward!
Then...it was party time! Katie's 5 year old birthday party at the indoor swimming pool. The kids loved it...Katie's favorite part was going around the whirl pool with her oupa AGAIN AND AGAIN and AGAIN (each time selecting a new friend to accompany them and by the end of the fun trip the friend would be calling my dad "oupa" aswell).
After ALL the fun we went to Applebees for dinner...and the waiters sang to Katie. She turned a little rosy cheeked;) Now her and Sharon are fast asleep (where I should be at 2am) Still have Runner's high or something.

20 comments:

Michelle said...

OH! I am sooo proud of you my friend!! And that little Katie, what a cutie. SOunds like she had the best birthday EVER!

The du Toit Family said...

Well done! Guess you will be training for the next year to do it again, it seems the bug has bitten my dear niece.
Happy Birthday Katie! You are such a big girl now - 5!
Rob and Cindy looking great!
And Jessica looking so happy - a new member of the family shortly! Always nice having the family together!

R Clan said...

I am so proud of you. What an awesome accomplishment. Seriously, WAY TO GO!

Sorry we missed the party yesterday. We just had so much going on. It looked like it was fun. :(

Meg said...

That's great, Happy Birthday Katie.

Cindi said...

Wow a 1/2 marathon- good for you! I am so glad that you were able to do that- it is quite an accomplishment! :) I hope Katie had a wonderful birthday party! Michael had a great time! Thanks for inviting him!

Henich Family said...

Good Job Melissa...I hope I will be able to get another half in, if so we should run together.

AND

Happy Birthday Katie bug...You are as beautiful now as ever!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

These pictures made me sad to miss out. Even though we weren't there to see you at the finnish line, I was thinking about you. You're awesome.

I can't wait to see my loca and Shazi soon. Love you.

Kendall and Melissa said...

I'm a total stalker, but I'm so glad I found your blog! I was just thinking about you and totally just accidentally clicked on it from Chelsea Christensen's blog! So how are you? Our blog is kendallandmelissa.blogspot.com. I totally want to keep in touch! You still look just as fantastic as ever! So happy to see you!

Cindy and Rob said...

Melissa, I am so proud of you for running that. You are pretty much amazing. I had the funnest time this weekend and so did Rob. You should have seen how he bonded with little sharon on the way home. it was quite cute actually. They were playing and then all of a sudden he was stroking her hair and she fell asleep. She is so cute and so smart too. And p.s she totally knows all her colors. Anyways, I love you. We had such a great time. Minus a part of sat night. haha. what would a long vaca to utah be without a blowout.
love you

Kerry Armstrong said...

I AM SO PROUD of you!!!! i'm not shocked, you have always had great self dicipline! i'm so glad for you! you inspire me. and well done for making it 5 years as a mom! that's wonderful and congrats! happy birthday to Katie.

Alyse said...

Wow! Congrats on running the 1/2 marathon...that's AMAZING! I'm so proud of you! Happy Birthday Katie! Jacksy LOVES LOVES LOVES you!

Anderson Family said...

Melissa you are amazing!!! That is so very cool!

I am so sorry we didn't come to Katie's party! Coleman has so bad ears that day!

*~Petra~* said...

Congratulations on finishing your marathon! That is a brilliant accomplishment. :)

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

Congrats on the marathon! That is huge! I am still trying to work up to that and I am not even close! I hope all is well.

Kristi said...

Wow...great job on the half-marathon! and, Happy Birthday Katie! I am grateful for the chance I had to really get to know you...love you girl!

We are the Mayletts said...

yay Melissa!! I'm so proud of you! You are my hero.

Charlene and Co said...

HI there

Looked like K really enjoyed herself! You must have been so exhausted- geen wonder you couldnt sleep!! More like over tired that runners high!!
I am sure you feel like the first five years have flown by. Lets hope the next five take twice as long! They grow up by the minute right infront of our eyes!
My Pixie is sleeping over by her ouma for the first time so I'm not looking forward. She has spent one night with her Oumie (my mom)
Hate waking up the next morning and she isnt there!!!
Keep well and chat again soon!

Joni said...

Way to go Melissa, you did it, congrats! Katie, you are totally darling and sweet, happy birthday!

steph said...

Happy belated Birthday Katie!!!! What a fun birthday party! It is obvious she loves the water!
Congratulations Melissa! I'm so proud of you! You truly are an inspiration to me... I so wish I lived closer... then perhaps... I would attempt to train for a 1/2 marathon..jaja! You're awesome!!

Real Life Roberts said...

CONGRATS on doing a 13.1 mile run!!! AHHH! I remember the first one I did and even that last .1 mile was a push to finish! Great job! Katie is such a beautiful girl! Happy days to her!