Thursday, April 16, 2009

The longest living Poinsetta


Does anybody know if there's a Guiness Book of Records for the longest living potted Poinsetta? We've had this plant since before Christmas! It's starting to look a little frail and Dan just wants to chuck it out but I've grown rather fond of it! I find myself talking to it somedays:) And it's become a symbol of endurance for me:) For example: others might not think you "fit in" or pretty enough anymore but you can SHOW THEM! Be strong and hold to your roots. Remember the Poinsetta in YOU! (LOL)

8 comments:

R Clan said...

I kept mine around for a long time but just threw them out a couple weeks ago. My Grandpa has transplanted them into bigger pots and kept them alive all year long for a couple of years now. It is incredible.

Jane said...

You are funny, I would have thrown it away the day after Christmas. I don't like Christmas stuff up a day past the holiday. You are much nicer to that plant than I ever would be.

Michelle said...

Why you little green thumb! I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Plant it in your garden! Will add some colour, and wont look so christmasy with other flowers around it:)

The du Toit Family said...

I planted mine in my garden a good number of years ago and it is huge now, but then we live in Amanzimtoti and we do not have snow and cold weather to contend with. I know that if you also 'feed' it, it will last quiet long. Love and miss you all.

Jessup Jive said...

I think my sister or mom kept one alive for like 2 years. But you are right it is a great example for us to endure.

Charlene and Co said...

Must admit that I never knew that was what you called them. I thought they were Christmas rose!
Thanks, learn something new every day!!!

steph said...

You are so adorable!!! I love it... talking to your plant... fyi.. you're not the only one ;)! The advice others have left is priceless about the replanting... They can actually grow into 'trees'... I see them all the time here in CR in yards....