Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference weekend



If you're a mother of young children you would agree that it's impossible to just SIT and enjoy conference. It's kind of like when you get a phone call and suddenly your kids are wired and get into all the things they're not supposed to.
I must admit that I still enjoy conference weekend. Just the spirit it brings into our home. I feel so grateful for this opportunity to hear the words of our leaders (so many things and ways I can improve).
So we decided to take the girls to the Sunday morning session at the tabernacle. We tried it once when Sharon was a baby and it was much better than staying at home. We braved it again and it was successful. I think when we walked in people were like "what are these crazy people doing bringing their children in here...this is for adults and PLEASe don't sit by us!" Well honestly they did pretty well!

6 comments:

Mike Kingsley said...

Yeah I didn't know they allowed under 8. On our tickets for the conference center it specifically said 8 and older, but probably because of the live taping. I'm glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! That must be such an amazing experiance! Wade and i want to save up to attend a general conference one year, lol thats going to take a while to save for, but it will be well worth the trip from S.A to Salt lake! :) Love you guys! X

Kristi said...

BRAVE! Glad your family had a nice experience!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

You guys are brave. I look forward to conference so I can lounge around in my pj's all day long. Is that bad? Love you.

Joni said...

Good for you guys! Your girls will remember that for a long time.

steph said...

Ooooh, that brings back sooo many memories! What a fun experience to have! To have your girls do so well too, well, that just goes to show how great their parents are at their job :)! You family photos are 'priceless'!