Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Woman of My Life


My Woman Melissa - can everyone see why I am so much in love with her? Isn't she just beautiful? Can you tell how wonderful she is? She has once again traveled through the shadow of death for me and for our family in order to this time bring a son into our lives. She triumphed through the rigors of pregnancy and then was a champion in the delivery room. Even the nurses were impressed with her courage and resolve. And ever since this little man has come into our lives, I have been impressed yet again at what a great mother she has been to not only this little guy but to our other two girls. A mother of three!!! Anyone will tell you that this is not for the faint-hearted. But she is doing it, and is doing it well. I love you my darling. I am proud of you. I look up to you. I want to be more like you. Being Valentine's Day and in accordance with the tradition set early on in our relationship, I wanted to list 10 things that I love about you:

1. Your looks of course - I can't help falling in love with you every time I look at you. I just can't wait for six weeks to be up...

2. Your sense of humor - we have relied a lot on humor lately to ease the stress of little sleep.

3. Your intelligence - I can discuss any topic under the moon with you and you will not only seem interested, but you will exhibit great understanding as well.

4. Your love for me - it is your love that gives me energy, life, and motivation each day of my life. Your love is the greatest gift to me in this life.

5. Your love for your kids - if I didn't know how much you loved me, I would be jealous of how much you adore your children. You are truly self-sacrificing and totally unselfish when it comes to your children.

6. Your love for the Savior - this isn't something to brag about, but your dedication to the Savior and His gospel has and continues to provide an unshaken foundation in our lives.

7. Your kindness - Katie helped remind me of this one. You have such a great capacity to treat everyone with kindness and respect. I know of many people who have benefited and appreciated from this kindness.

8. Your optimism - I have seen you triumph over the most distressing days with a smile and an infectious positive attitude. You have helped me be more positive as a result.

9. Your work ethic - I have been impressed from day one as to how hard you work. You have driven my work ethic to new heights in an effort to keep up with you.

10. You are beautiful - I know I already mentioned your looks, but I just can't get enough of you. But lucky for me, you are beautiful both on the outside and on the inside. I feel like I have the whole package when it comes to you.

13 comments:

Charlene and Co said...

Dan, what a stunning post! You made me fall in love with that wonderful wife of yours!
May you to be just as in love in the years to come.
M- you got yourself a keeper! What a guy!!
Love to all five of you!!!
Mwah

We are the Mayletts said...

will you explain the 6 weeks...we are confused.

Jane said...

Cute post and funniest comment from Candace. We love Melissa too, she is great!

The du Toit Family said...

You American boys are sooooo romantic, here in South Africa, the guys are not soooooo romantic, you girls are so lucky to all have such romantic guys by your sides, enjoy and appreciate them ........ but Melissa is looking really good, and you had better hope you only have to wait 6 weeks .................

Kerry Armstrong said...

awww, just WONDERFUL!!

Nades said...

The most beautiful and sincere post ever award goes to... Dan!!!!!!

Ruby said...

Wow Melissa your husband really knows you! Lucky lady.

Carol said...

Hey Dan. Thanks for reminding us all of the reasons that we also love Melissa. Your wife is a very special lady, and it's good to know she is married to someone who adores her the way she should be adored.

Joni said...

How sweet! You have a great hubby Melissa. And you are everything he said, what a great person you are.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Oh dan, get your mind out the gutter!!!

You do have an awesome wife but you're almost equally awesome.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...this is the gayest, sweetest thing I have ever read. How nice! Melissa is a great mom...that is when she feeds her kids their daily dose of vegetables! Right mom? Haha.
Look, there is a better recipe for success than a sense of humor when it comes to surviving on only a couple hours of sleep...just let your kids watch TV. TV will solve all your problems. I recommend MTV...its uplifting and highly, educational. I know Mel has a no tv policy but MTV should be allowed.

Sharon & George said...

You are a lucky man Dan!

steph said...

Dan, the was absolutely precious! You brought tears to my eyes! I love you guys so much! I'm so happy that you found the love of your life!