These pictures don't look like much BUT for us they represent something AMAZING...PROGRESS! We're complete with Step 1 of the basement which includes the plumbing, electrical, framing and heating.
Dan has put in hours and hours of work which hasn't always been easy with a pregnant wife, work, church and daughters that miss him too. We can't take credit for all the work...we've had help along the way. Dan's dad has been right alongside him in doing the framing and sometimes he would work late into the night by himself. He also did all the plumbing which saved us a lot of money;)
We had some great neighbors who are expert electricians that helped Dan do the electrical work.
Man if I knew how much work goes into completeing a basement I don't know if I would have been so excited to start!
Today the sheet rock guys are here and it's so exciting to see progress.
Stay tuned for Step 2 (soon to be complete;)



13 comments:
Thanks for posting pictures! I was interested to see your progress since I heard you had started at finishing it! Way to go Dan! Wow! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)
It looks great!
I think it's funny, though, after all the work you guys have been doing for months, that you're now done with step 1. lol
Ok, first I want to say that I've never seen a construction site so immaculate. Second, it's looking like a basement. That's awesome.
Samantha's right about a clean construction site. Melissa your o.c.d. is getting the better of you again. ha ha. Can't wait to see step 4 finished. It's taken a couple of months as Caroline said, but thats quite an accomplishment when you guys did it yourselves. Also you were able to save a bundle and doing it all cash, which adds equity to your home. Something most of us don't have. You go Dan.
Well done Dan! I so love seeing someone else do what we do. We always want to do so much to our house and we do it all ourselves because you save so much money. It takes long and yes, it is crazy because nothing seems normal, but when it is finished, you are always proud of your own hard work. We know, we have been there and we have got the T-shirt over and over again. It is wonderful that Dan's father can help out. Just to say, it is looking good and when it is finished, you will be so pleased with it and everything will be sooooo worthwhile. Love and miss you guys.
Looking good! very very impressive! Cant wait to see the finished product! lol i'll come critic it when i come visit ;) X
Looking good guys. Good luck with all the hard work still to come...rather you than me:-)
By the way, how many steps are there. Hope for your part not too many...
Great job you guys! You will LOVE having it done.
It looks great melissa. Cant wait till its done so we can all sleep on a bed when we come visit.
That looks great! It is a ton of work, I didn't see my hubby much while he was working on ours but it will be worth it. You need the extra room, I'm sure, especially with #3 on the way. Good luck.
Congrats!! It is coming along nicely.
I am glad you've started decorating already with that table in the middle of nowhere--is that where Dan eats while working. Is that his work station...the lemonade counter if you will? Ingenious!!!
Oh, and what is everyone talking about? Everyone says they love it, how it is beginning to look like a basement, and blah blah blah. Are they crazy or just lying? It looks like a basement ya...a basement at Home Depot. Maybe they will pay you for marketing their wood.
No, but I have actually noted the progress from the beginning and there has been some. We have moved from cold concrete walls to itch-causing fiberglass, poo colored wood, and concrete floors--sounds like progress to me. Good on ya Danny Boy.
Wow! What a big task to undertake! You guys are so amazing! I am constantly in awe of you! I have to admit that Dan has so many hidden talents! Miss you all! We send our love!
Post a Comment