

Working and being a mom can be tough sometimes. However, I love my job. I work with birthmothers and adoptive couples. They truly are some of the most amazing people I know.
Watching a birthmother make the decision to place her baby for adoption is not easy. It's heartbreaking to see her clench her baby in one arm while sobbing as she signs paperwork for the adoption. They are heroes in my eyes. They would give anything to keep but out of pure selflessness and love they want to give their baby a better life. They inspire me to be a little better.



6 comments:
You do have a really neat job!...something I may want to do in the future...I am glad you LOVE IT!
I can't imagine what it woud be like to make the decision to give up your child in that situation. Adoption is such a blessing- I am glad that there are people like you to help people get through the process. I bet it really is a spritual experience to be a part of.
Seriously Melissa I think you are the perfect person for this job because you are so compassionate and selfless. I could never do what you do I'd probably be the selfish kind and keep my baby ;(
I'm so glad that you love your job, because I'm sure it loves you too.
Missing you and my babies.
I have to agree with Sammy. You are the perfect person for the job. I don't know how you can see the pain and the happiness time and time again. I am sure the happiness is rewarding but to see someone let go a piece of them must be excrutiating. You have the perfect spirit to handle those situations.
Melissa, I can't imagine anyone getting greater job satisfaction than you... and I agree, you have a perfect personality for it. :)
Thanks to people like you and brithmothers, people like us can complete our families. We are glad that there is such a supportive network of people for both sides of the table. I have to agree with you about birthmothers being heroes. They are heavenly sent and deserve the greatest honour we can give them. They choose life over death and put their children above their own desires.
Post a Comment