Always start with the highs (is my philosophy:)
1. My mom came to Utah for education week and then spent a week with us.
2. My dad came-up for the weekend which was an extra bonus. We spent time together doing some of the things we love to do like swim, laugh and EAT! On Sunday my brother cooked the most amazing dinner.
3. Katie started gymnastics about 3 weeks ago and is loving it.A highlight was when she climbed the rope ALL the way to the ceiling (it's a two story building). I was so excited that she did it but was also nervous to cheer her on because I was worried she might let go and fall.
4. Katie lost her 2nd tooth! The tooth fairy has been generous with both teeth because she has been fortunate enough to have her ouma and oupa close when both of them came out (what luck). I told her the fairy will definitely be broke for the other teeth!
Then the LOW (there's only one but it's a big one).
Our little Sharon fractured her Elbow on Monday night. She was jumping off the utility box in front of our house with her best friend Clarissa Hotton. They usually jump onto the grass but this time she decided to test drive the side walk (big mistake). She landed with her elbow first on the concrete.
Poor little thing. She gets an award for bravery! The pediatrician did not think anything was wrong after taking 6 x-rays and so she just lived with a break for two days. The orthopedic surgeon's office called today after looking at the x-rays and said it's definitely broken.
Whenever my children get hurt I really wish it were me instead.
We are so blessed...there always seems to be more highs then lows (even if it feels like you really have to look to find them;)



12 comments:
Poor little thing!
As soon as i saw that first picture of little sharon, my heart twinged!! i feel her pain... when i fractured my wrist, it was so eina, and the ortho could not decide whether to operate or not, eventually i said im just going to wrap it up and keep my brace on... i loved gymnastics! but alas im not as brave as katie, i couldnt do the rope thing (ssshhh dont tell anyone, im terrified of heights!!)
love and miss you guys! XXX
Cute pictures! Sorry about Sharon getting hurt- that is no fun. I hope she gets feeling better soon! :)
I would have been so mad if you didn't get her a hot pink cast. She looks so cute with her latest accessory. Kyle is getting so big, and Katie climbs that rope like a pro, but I have to say I was more shocked seeing Katie doing it than I would have been if it were Sharon. She's a crazy climber. And Meliss, you look so good. I can tell you have lost weight, you're rocking that bathing suit, plus your boobies look good from still nursing. Wow. That's a lot to say considering how late it is. Night.
You are all looking so great ..... my heart goes out to Sharon Junior, but she is awfully brave and such a cutie pie, simply love that smile .... let us not forget Katie here, Gymnastics was soooo my favourite ... and that climb is totally awesome and just as brave, Katie you go girl and Mum you cheer her on or maybe just don't look at all. Last but not least, that 'little guy' kyle is growing far to fast ... but that is what babies do, they eat .. sleep and grow ...... he is so cute. Love and miss you all ... Andrew and I were talking about America last night wishing we had the bucks to go over .......
I almost cried reading this post out loud to Jas. Poor little Sharon! She's such a cutie, even with that cast she has a huge beautiful smile! What a trooper.
Cute pics. Wow, what a surprise to see Sharon in the cast. Didn't even know she broke her elbow. By the way, she looks very cute in the hot pink cast, even a big huge smile, what a trooper she is. Katie, wow, what a climber and so brave to climb up that high!! Kyle is getting so big, cuter as the days go by too. Miss you guys, it's been forever. Cute pics all around of the family. XOXOXOXOXO
What a lovely post! You girls all looking good in the costumes....Cant wait for Summer to hit us here!! Shame, poor little Sharon(and mommy) I always think its much worse for us than for them! I also always say that they only do something silly like that once- be assured she wont try that again... Good luck and lots and lots and lots of love!!!! Mwah
Melissa take those photo's of me off the blog asap! Eina for my princess baby Sharon. That doctor should be sued! No one messes with my grandbabies. Katie is an amazing little Gymnast and Kyle is absolutely priceless. Love you.
Poor Sharon. At least the cast looks cool! Can't wait to chat to you hopefully soon :)
I should put Peyton in gymnastics I think she would really love it..... sorry about Sharon's arm. I tried to call the other day and invite her over Kayton was asking to have Sharon and Clarrissa over. Maybe sometime this week!
Sharon - no need to take those pics off of you; you look amazing! Hello.......you've worked hard to look HOT so why not show it off a little. ;) Love you.
Poor Sharon, that's awful. Casts are always fun for the kids and truth be told, that's part of life.
Post a Comment