Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor day.
















Spontaneity is the spice of life! On a whim we decided to spend the night in Park City last night. We packed a big picnic dinner and went to church and left right after Dan taught his class. We had dinner at a beautiful park close to our hotel.
We stayed-up late watching random things on TV while the girls jumped from one bed to the other (we were just waiting for Sharon's 2nd arm to break;)
Today was so much fun! We did something we've always wanted to do but never have. THE ALPINE SLIDE...Katie and Dan went! At first Katie was scared and cried while coming down but then she LOVED it! Sharon went on the ALPINE roller Coaster with Dan. He says it was more scary then the slide. It's just like a roller coaster but you're on a sled type device. Sharon just smiled and laughed the whole way down. I think we have a child with serious thrill issues!
The girls then went on merry-go-rounds and other smaller rides. Katie did the rock climbing in flip flops. She also enjoyed the tramp.

We then came home and had a great time with our friends, the Jessups at the Copperton Park.

8 comments:

Sharon & George said...

You are always finding fun things to do. Good job Melissa. Love the pictures of my grandchildren. Katie is following in Sharons footsteps, soon they will want to climb Mt Everest! Leinie and Katie look so happy together.

Nades said...

wow this looks fantastic! wish i could have still been there to experiance all these fun holidays with you! love and miss you! X
p.s. give big kisses to the girls and kyle for me!

The du Toit Family said...

That is the spice of life .... looks like you have little 'dare devils' .. or should I rather say 'dare angels' on your hands there. Love and miss you all.

Charlene and Co said...

think you should only start worrying when they ask if they can go bungi jumping or white eater rafting...hee hee. Everyone sure looks like they had a GREAT time. Mwah

Joni said...

What an adorable family you have! Looks like you had a fabulous weekend. Sorry to hear about Sharon's arm, poor little girl.

Cindy and Rob said...

That looks like so much fun Melissa. I am so excited to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

How much fun is that!? I have wanted to take Garreth on the Alpine Slide for so long...just haven't really gotten around to it yet! It is such a blast! I'm sure your girls were in heaven! You are going to have to tell him how fun it really is. I think he doesn't believe me ;) haha. And I couldn't agree more: spontaneity is definitely the spice of life!

Christina Mangelson said...

We LOVE Park City & the Alpine Slide. Every time we are there we take the family; the boys could do it all day long. The next time we are in SLC (3 years down the road) lets plan on a "day" at Park City.

Your kids get more beautiful and more handsome every time you post a pic. You do too, of course!

Changing the subject......that's funny that you started chatting with some random girl named Christina thinking it was me. I wish I could have been on that phone call listening. :) E-mail me your # and I'll call you sometime this weekend so we can chat.

Love and miss you tons,

Christina