Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reading bliss...



So some advantages to no longer having to work (although we definitely miss the 2nd income;) and being stuck on the couch a large portion of the day nursing a growing boy...is that I'm reading more. I've discovered that I love to read.

Here's two books I highly recommend: The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey is incredible. He teaches ordinary people (not millionaires) how to become completely debt free in a relatively short period of time. Dan and I are doing it (trying to at least;)

Eat, Pray Love is beautiful! There are a few parts of it that I do not agree with but for the most part it was inspirational and uplifting.

7 comments:

The du Toit Family said...

They both sound interesting ... I love reading, have always, thanks for the recommend. I am so glad to see that you do take some time out for yourself with 3 kids to take care of, and I know how perfectly clean you like your home to be all the time, you do deserve some 'time out' ............

Anonymous said...

You see that's where you and I differ...I don't even like books with pictures in them. Reading 1000 pages a day for school makes any sort of reading a chore.
Thank goodness for movies. I just wait for the book to come out on the big screen yo.

Sharon & George said...

I'm reading Christ and the New Covenant by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. He has some amazing insights to The Book Of Mormon. I'm proud of you Melissa for being frugal and trying to live debt free. The Book of Mormon says that our wealth will become slippery! With your financial wisdome you don't need to worry about that.

Johnston Family said...

I LOVE Eat Pray Love! I was so excited when i heard that they were making a movie & that gasp, Julia Roberts is playing Elizabeth! Can it get any better? I think not my friend, I think not!

Cindy and Rob said...

i love that book. its so good. i miss you guys. i really need to read the one on financing though.

Michelle said...

I know what you mean! I discovered the Harry Potter series while nursing Ben. It makes the day a lot more relaxing.

Michelle said...

ps, we have the Dave Ramsey cd's if you want them. They're great!