So between losing a hamster for a full day and trying to get used to getting three children ready for church and bed (all of which keep our lives very exciting ;) We were able to initiate Kyle to the great Y mountain. This has been a family tradition since Katie was an infant. I still remember Dan carrying her all the way to the top. Then we had Sharon and he carried her in the snugli while Katie and I hiked. Well today Sharon hiked the whole way to the top by herself. I'm so impressed. I think I underestimate this little dynamite child of mine. Her little legs hiked 2 miles up a steep (okay so I think it's very steep;) mountain. By the way Dan and I couldn't help but admire the BYU students who were so fit they were running up and then running down all in the time it took us to do one switch-back.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Life down the Combs' Lane
So between losing a hamster for a full day and trying to get used to getting three children ready for church and bed (all of which keep our lives very exciting ;) We were able to initiate Kyle to the great Y mountain. This has been a family tradition since Katie was an infant. I still remember Dan carrying her all the way to the top. Then we had Sharon and he carried her in the snugli while Katie and I hiked. Well today Sharon hiked the whole way to the top by herself. I'm so impressed. I think I underestimate this little dynamite child of mine. Her little legs hiked 2 miles up a steep (okay so I think it's very steep;) mountain. By the way Dan and I couldn't help but admire the BYU students who were so fit they were running up and then running down all in the time it took us to do one switch-back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
O wow i am super impressed! thats a nice tradition you have :) cant wait to see you! just a few days...XXX
Love the photo's. Hope you managed to find the hamster :-)
Impressive distance to hike for Sharon, I doubt I could do it....
Very industrious of you :) It looks like a pretty steep mountain to me too.
Oh Melissa that boy is changing so much. Make it stop because I don't want to miss it. Tell Sharon she is so stinking cute and I'm not that impressed because she has ALWAYS be the climber in the family. She's crazy!...
I miss you and those cute babies of yours. Love you.
Wow- good job!!! I love the pictures! Kyle is getting so big!
Photo's are so awesome, the kids are growing up far to fast. I agree with you, it looks pretty steep to me. I just love the things you guys do with the kids, such excellent memories for them to hold onto. Love and miss you all so much.
That IS a steep hike! Good for you guys. Next time, stop by our watering hole on the way home. :)
That looks fun, we are Y fans, we should be going on that hike.
Absolutely loved all the photo's. My grandchildren are the cutest in the world. Kyle is so gorgeous, he has your big eyes. My girls are so beautiful. By the way, has the hamster survived being handled by little Sharon?
Post a Comment