Thursday, April 8, 2010

Best feeling ever...


Today I felt something I seriously haven't felt in six months: my ears burning in the sunshine!

I read something recently that stood out to me. It went something like this: if you can stop to notice the beauty of a fresh fragrant spring day then your soul is still alive. Well today my soul felt alive.

This picture was taken at the spur of the moment. Amid all the business of being a mother there are such tender precious moments that remind me that my soul is still alive.

8 comments:

Ruby said...

Beautiful post Melissa! It must be quite hard being an African in the snow. As usual your children are gorgeous :-)

The du Toit Family said...

The kids are just too precious ...... I guess we can not understand it all as we do not have such cold weather here, especially us here in Durbs, our winters are so mild, we don't have heaters, no electric blankets etc etc etc.

Joni said...

Love those piggie tails, what darling kids you have.

Anonymous said...

How does the sun hitting your ears relate with your soul being alive? Nonsense:) Drinking a Redbull will make your soul feel alive more than the sun smaking you on your ears. Mwah. It was CUTE Mel. haha

Anonymous said...

I think spring time is the worst time of year for me in Sacramento. It's allegy season and I am full of hayfever! Any suggestions on how I can make the sneezes go away so that it can go from worst to best season for me? I love those perfect little ones.

Kerry Armstrong said...

The best feeling ever!!!

Carol said...

Hey Liss

This is the third time I've come back to your blog to read this post - I think it is that beautiful.

Sometimes the simpliest things in life make us come alive. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Cindy and Rob said...

hey melissa. i love those little ones so much. i wish you lived closer