Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Babe Ruth has NOTHING on this girl!!!




There are several things that are great about watching 4 and 5 year olds play T-Ball.
When the other team hits the ball they all just run to grab it. Usually the loudest kid (... Katie;) gets it. Then they forget what to do when they have the ball. So you have to shout "throw it at first base." It's too cute!
Another favorite is when they put on their helmets to hit the ball. It's usually way to big for their heads but they figure out a way to balance themselves and run like mad to first base. You should see the excitement on their face when they get to first base. Even if they are "OUT" they don't seem to let it bother them one bit. They just continue to enjoy the game...so cute!

12 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

I love it. I want to go to a game and cheer like crazy for her.

Jane said...

What a cute little ball player you have! I still need to get you the pictures from her party, I will bring a cd over.

Alyse said...

So cute! I can't wait for Jacksy to play in a few years!

Josh and Nat said...

I was just thinking about you the other day! How are you? How is life at ldsfs? I miss you! We need to get together for lunch or something... I need to come in and see everyone! By the way, on the poinsetta thing, I heard that you can actually you can keep them alive all year round by putting them in a dark closet or something you should research it! You might be able to keep that sucker alive for generations to come! :)

Anderson Family said...

I love it!
Julia plays soccor and we would laugh because all the kids just swarmed around the ball. Kids are so fun to watch playing sports!

The du Toit Family said...

Would love to see her play, but I am to far away and it looks so cool and so much fun. Love and miss you all.

Debbie and Bobby said...

yep sounds familiar :o)

Christina Mangelson said...

Well it is refreshing to here something positive about t-ball; you won't hear it from me :) LOL What are the dates you are coming out. Yes, lets do a double date.

Sharon & George said...

Little wonder the Saviour said We should all become like little children. I love my babies.

Charlene and Co said...

Melissa,my heart swells when I think hoe cute this must have been. Enjoy every precious moment...I cant wait for Amber to do sport like that(certailnly not that) There is a lot of nonsense going on in SA because a criminal like Zuma became president... Anyway-what can we do?
I just love being able to see the little ones growing up and feeling ike I can at least have apart even if it is just on the blog!!!
Love you so much and miss you even more!!!

Charlene and Co said...

HI,
I was just showing my sister Jess how you guys look. Hope you will one day get to meet each other...

Kendall and Melissa said...

Very cute! I can't believe how old and grown up she is! They get big way too fast.