So it's 1am and I can't sleep. I figured what better thing to do than to blog (right?)
Sharon had a nasty fall tonight. She fell off her tricycle onto our hard concrete driveway.
I feel so bad because:
#1 I was sitting right there when it happened
#2 She has the biggest fat lip and it looks so painful ;(
#3 She was so sad that she wouldn't even take her "baba" (which is her favorite thing in the world)
She didn't want her "baba" when she went to bed and so I decided to comfort her by stroking her head and tickling her face. While I did this, she just looked up at me. I had an Epiphany! I realized that this is what heaven is all about. It's so easy for me to get distracted with all the unimportant things of life.
I want Dan, Katie and Sharon to know how much I love them and how wonderful they are! You guys are my everything and thanks for being so patient with me :)
THE MORAL OF MY STORY: to have more of these tender moments with the people I love instead of getting so caught-up in the accomplishing of life.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I think that bedtimes are one of the best times to enjoy tender moments with your little ones!
Well said!!!! (Hope Sharon is feeling better!)
I hope Sharon and mom are feeling better. That is a pretty big thing when she doesn't want her baba, for sure. That's a hard thing to see your little girl fall and get hurt, unfortunatley those are the bumps of life. ( I know quite a bit about those.) I am sorry that it happened. What a sweet moment that was after all of the trauma, which you and Sharon will remember after the fat lip goes away! YEA! Give Sharon a big hug and kiss for me!!
It is so sad when they hurt themselves, but I love when they aren't too big to need me. It has been a few weeks, I hope Sharon is all better!
Post a Comment