Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No pictures or anything exciting this week. I am MISSING Katie and Sharon sooo much! They are both in California with my parents having a ball! I've been trying to stay busy with work so I can do as much as possible before they come home but I still find myself missing them a lot.
Don't get me wrong it's nice having the break and yesterday I watched five recorded episodes of "So You Think You Can Dance" (GO JOSHUA-I'm so happy for him;). But honestly I feel so grateful to Heavenly Father that I can be a mom. I love Katie and Sharon so much. I miss the noise and chaos of life with them...I miss the mess and clean-up and EVERYTHING! This is cheesy I know but it's how I truly feel today.

7 comments:

Cindi said...

Melissa-

It is nice to have a break from your kids but you do miss them! Enjoy your time- you know your girls are in good hands! They'll be back before you know it!

Heather said...

I must say that after a day like today I would trade you in a second, but reading your post does help me have a better perspective because if my kids were gone I would be the same way. I enjoy checking on your blog. We have one to, and I will send you an invite if you want. You can email me at heatherjwilson@gmail.com

Michelle said...

I have a hard time relaxing without the kids for even a few hours....but it is soooo nice to have a break isn't it?? Hooray for grandmas!!

TravisandTaryn Barrett said...

You should be loving your time alone right now. I can only dream of having 2 minutes to myself, but it would be hard to have them gone. Hope things are going good
Taryn

R Clan said...

We miss your girls too! Just enjoy the peace while you can. It's very rare to get right now!

Christina Huling said...

you are such a good mom! that is how I would feel if they weren't here too, just lost without them. The break will have you all revved up to be back on track!

Real Life Roberts said...

I know what you are feeling...you are thankful for the break but you miss the so much...that wilm motivate you to be a better mom (if that's possible) when they get home!