Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Watch out KINDERGARTEN





I've heard people say that having children is like having a piece of your heart outside your body. Today I knew exactly what that meant. We've been so excited for Katie to start Kindergarten. This summer she learnt how to swim by herself, ride her bike without training wheels and do the monkey bars at the park ! The only thing left was starting BIG SCHOOL;) She has also been getting bored at home and so I was thrilled when school stared today. Needless to say...after she ran into class with her friend Mari, I started to cry. I love this amazing spunky little 5 year old so much!
Her little sister, Sharon, cried the second she realized she wasn't going to get to go with her favorite person in the world to school...I guess we'll all miss her. Good luck Katie, I'm so proud of you and know you'll do great!

13 comments:

Alyse said...

I can't believe she started Kindergarten already!! How exciting! I'm sure she'll love it & do great!

Cindi said...

It's amazing how much this becomes such a milestone in not only our child's life but also our own. Hang in there Melissa! We can do this! Our kids are just growing up! :) It is bittersweet!

Joni said...

She looks darling! I'm sure she will do great, you have prepared her well. Have some good one on one time with Sharon, for a few months anyway, then baby will be here.

Cindy and Rob said...

I love the uniform. She is getting so big. I just know that she is going to be the smartest most independant child in that class...Now it wont be too long before she comes home from school and says she has a boyfriend.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Oh my cuteness. I love my loca. Can you believe she is in kindergarden? I don't blame you for crying, I just about cried too seeing these pictures. You'll have to tell me how she did.

Sharon & George said...

I wish I could be there. I love you Katie. It feels like just the other day that I received a phone call from your daddy to say that you had arrived. I heard you crying in the background and added some tears as well. My tears were of pure gratitude. You are very precious to Oupa and Ouma, You are our oldest grandbaby and we are so very proud of your lovely personality. Love you forever. Have fun at school.

Mike Kingsley said...

Geese, it's only for 3 hours! Wait till next year in first grade when it is all day. :) We are actually excited to get rid of Mari! :) j/k

I heard today they learned about "funny" numbers

The du Toit Family said...

Every little milestone is precious, and each one takes our precious little children to the next level. Katie looks so cute and one of these days it is big school, then it is all over, they just grow to fast. Love and miss you all lots.

Kerry Armstrong said...

awww, Melissa. When I see pictures of Katie, I can't help but see you in her. She reminds me sooo much of you when you were little.

Anonymous said...

She is the most adorable little 'kindergartener' ever!!!
I hope she had a splendid first day, and that it wasnt to hard on mommie... :)

Charlene and Co said...

Congratulations to your big girl. I am sure she had such a great time. I secretly believe that it is sooo much worse for us than it is for them because with every milestone they need us a little bit less and I know I hate knowing that one day she wont think I am the best thing in the world( after her two oumies ...)
She looks so cute in the outfit.
Mwah

Anonymous said...

Katie...you are the cutest little young lady! I say young lady because that picture of you sitting with your arms intertwined on your lap reminds me of how special a girl you REALLY are. U have a sense of vulnerability that makes me just want to hug you. There is no girl with a bigger, more loving, heart than you! I never thought I'd ever get to know someone with a bigger heart than your mom, but you girl, are gonna show her up:) Love you so so so so much. U rock...Katie-Hottie-Katie!

Lily said...

What a darling and smart little Kindegartener! Katie is going to be an amazing student. You are a great mom Melissa :)