So today was a big day for Katie and I as it was our primary program. I serve in the primary presidency in our ward and LOVE the calling. It gets a little nerve racking on days like today when we had to pull off a relatively easy flowing program with 100+ children. There are about 30 children alone in Katie's age group.
I hope it was a success. We tried something different this year and instead of having the children do individual parts we decided to have each class recite a monthly theme for the year. We also had a lot of singing which is always the best part anyway. I love hearing children sing. Some of the beautiful music that was sung was "I'm a Child of God" in Spanish. We also sang "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" with sign language. Honestly I'm so proud of our primary and Katie (Dan said he could often hear her little voice singing the music).



11 comments:
They are so cute Melissa. I wish that I was there to see the program. Only I would have been wanting all the other kids to go away so that I can only hear my Katie and little Sharon singing...wow, I know that does not sound really nice but its true. I only have eyes and ears for them.
Katie is such a sweet little thing, I'm sure she did such a great job! You should have told us about the program...we would have definitely come! I can just imagine Katie's adorable singing voice above all the other kids :)
Sharon is getting so much bigger. It seems like she's changing all the time. She is stunning. My Katie must have been the star of the show. Wish we could have been there. Kiss my babies.
Great job on the primary program! I loved it- I even cried! =) I love hearing them sing!
Wow, you guys (the primary pres.) did an amazing job. You are great! The program was perfect and it also ended on time, way to go! Thanks for all you do in your calling. I'm sure it is busy but I'm very thankful for you guys!
100 plus kids...dude, tell the parents in your ward to find a new hobby: buy a TV, get a second job, get a PlayStation...good golly. Oh, and thanks for inviting us dumby!
We had a great time watching Katie sing. She was so enthusiastic... :) You guys did a wonderful job with the program. We very much enjoyed it.
Melissa-
The program was awesome! It was great because you all kept it very simple- sometimes I think we get a little carried away with trying to make things more complicated then they really need to be. I loved being up there with the children and watching all the parents being touched the spirit- you could feel it very strongly- it was nothing short of awesome! (Sorry no other word comes close to describing it and I know awesome is such a dated word- but awesome describes it!)
aw, i love the primary!!! being in the stake primary allows me to watch a few programs at a time. i love it! nothing brings in the spirit like children singing. 100 plus kids?!?! wow!! if we have 30 we're impressed and overwhelmed. congratulations on your call! they made a good choice there.
Wish I could have been there. Perhaps if you had told me I would have come. My babies are so beautiful. I adore them.
It was so cute we loved it! Good job. And Katie...you look so pretty!
Post a Comment