Sunday, July 26, 2009

Some more fun outdoors.

My brother-in-law ran a MARATHON this Friday and so we went to cheer him on. My sister was so proud of him. Not only was he first out of the five guys who ran in their group but he finished with an amazing time of 8.9 minute per mile. I love to run and know that to run 26 miles that fast is pretty AMAZING! Good job Eric. It was Katie's idea to dress as a cheerleader. So her and Sharon were little cheerleaders for the day.
Next to the marathon was the Pioneer Day Parade. We loved seeing all the floats! Katie was proud of our Stake's float that her dad helped build (it's the one with the mountains and arch;) Their favorite float was the "Monster's vs Aliens;)








I realize now why I love summers so much...there's so much to do!
Last week Saturday we decided to have a family barbeque in the mountains where we live. It turned out to be quite the adventure when Dan took us all the way to the top in our MINIVAN. All the other cars going up were Jeeps and Trucks and then there's us in a minivan. Well...now I love my versatile car even more. The girls loved it and the view was fantastic!

12 comments:

Sharon & George said...

Ohhhh my babies are so lovely! I'm pleased that you made it safely up that mountain. What was Dan thinking! Love you!

Ruby said...

Thanks for all you kind comments Melissa!

You are looking so well. Hope you are over the worst of the morning sickness.

Cindy and Rob said...

Thanks for posting those. I love those two so much. Sharon's hair is still looking pretty blonde. I hope she stays blonde. I love you. Miss you guys. I was swimming in the ocean at hunnington beach this past weekend and couldnt help but wish that Katie was with me...Cause that was the "best day of her life."

The du Toit Family said...

Awww, Katie and Sharon are so cute, they are just growing to fast, Melissa, you are look so good. The view is so stunning, you always seem to have so much to do which is great! Love and miss you all.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

I loved seeing those cute little cheerleaders. I love them so so so so much

Kristi said...

summer is the best, isn't it?! I love the pictures! Something we never did while living there...we never checked out those mountains! Wish we had, looks like fun!

Joni said...

Love that view, so pretty. I'm glad you took a picture of the float, I never got to see it. Thanks!

Kerry Armstrong said...

aw, you and your family look so happy and content! you make me go aahhhh. :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa...change that ugly green heading for your blog and deny access to Shrek so he doesn't change it again! Okay! Just because Dan is the INCREDIBLE HULK in the bedroom doesn't mean you are entitled to such an ugly GREEN heading for your blog. Mwah!

Charlene and Co said...

When I was at varsity the first years always had to build a float! Always so impressive to see the end product!
Stunning photo's of the little ones. Feels like I atleast get to see them grow up through the blogging. Thank goodness for technology....
Hugs and Kisses
Mwah

*~Petra~* said...

I have never thought about going up OUR OWN mountains! We will have to give that a try. The float turned out lovely. :)

Kendall and Melissa said...

Melissa, you are always so beautiful and elegant! I miss you!