Saturday, March 21, 2009

RUN RUN RUN...


So I ran the longest I've ever run before today...10 MILES...(I know that might seem slightly lame to you avid runners that I admire) but I'm so proud of myself. There were times when I was sure these legs were going to collapse but I kept going...it was awesome. Just wanted to tell you I'M SO EXCITED TO DO THE SALT LAKE 1/2 MARATHON!!! It's always been a goal of mine and I'm finally doing it. Hooray!

13 comments:

R Clan said...

One word....NUTS! ;) Just kidding. Way to go!

Tiffany said...

Not lame at ALL!!! Congrats!!! 10 miles is a long way!! I love that during training you just continually keep going longer and longer distances... it feels SO good to go a distance you've never gone before!! WAY TO GO!!! And you're you were running by yourself??... that gets extra points! (I think it is SO much harder running alone!)

You're going to do GREAT on your race!! I can't wait to see pics!!
-Tiff :)

Jane said...

wow, I admire you so much. I only dream that I could run that long. I could never commit to a half marathon because surely I would fail. You are amazing!

Anderson Family said...

I think that is amazing! I don't think I can even run a mile! :)

Joni said...

Way to go Melissa, keep it up, you are great!

Kristi said...

Wow, I am proud of ya! That is definitely a HARD thing to do...I can't even imagine doing that right now! Good luck on the 1/2 marathon!

Michelle said...

you are one of the strongest women I know and such a good friend! Way to go Melly!

Christina Mangelson said...

AMAZING!!! 10 miles to us non-runners is awesome. Next time you come out lets work-out together. You will kick my butt!!! By the way, I love those pictures of Sharon; She is so beautiful. Like mother like daughter.

The du Toit Family said...

Well done. You love the running and training and that helps alot. You get the running genes from your Dad, it does make training easier if you have an aim, which is the half marathon which is what you are working towards now. Go girl, I know it's hard work but it's great. Love and miss you all so much.

Kerry Armstrong said...

i am totally and absolutely PROUD of you!! what an accomplishment Miss-Lissy! 10MILES (not even K's). i would just DIE!!! well flippin' done! :)

Cindy and Rob said...

go melissa. i just ran 2 miles the other day and i thought that i was going to die. so good job. you have always been a great runner. i love you

Charlene and Co said...

Sjoe Melissa, thats really great. Thats what? About 20km??? I would die if I had to try!!

Sias and I are getting married on the 23/09. Still alot of planning to do but starting to get excited. Feel a bit guilty about spending all that money on one day!!!

Sias and I were thinking of coming over to tha USA next year around May. He is also going over to San Fransisco this year so I told him he should go say hi to your parents. He did meet them when they were here a few years ago!!
Will be nice to finally meeat your family!!

Have a great day
Give your two ladybugs a big HUG from Me!!
Mwah

steph said...

Congrats!!!! That is great! You are my inspiration! Hum... Just perhaps I can do the same... Continue to train and you'll do great at the SLC 1/2 Marathon! Wish I was there to have run with you (or behind you, jaja)!