We finally did it...last week Saturday we drove down to Spokane Washington to go to the temple. Dan was kind enough to let me go in for a session while he took the kids to have fun.
I love the temple. It is a place of comfort and peace for me. I've been so worried lately about finding a house and making sure it's a good happy place for our children. Why is there so much to worry about in life? Anyways...when I was sitting in the temple I just felt, once again, a peaceful reassurance that all will be well and to have faith.
Dan takes the girls ice-skating almost every Monday (because it's so cheap). Katie had her friend from school, Ember, went with them the last time. They had so much fun. As for me I just hang out at home with my boy. Did I mention how much this kid loves to eat? I made chilli tonight and he loved it. I had to take a picture of it because it was ALL over him.
Do you ever feel sorry for yourself and think "why me?"
Well today a 10 year old girl from my activity day class at church taught me an insightful lesson. Her mom asked me if I could give her a ride because she student teaches and would be unable to take her. This young lady is so sweet and has such a kind heart. I've been impressed with her at activity days. She just loves being there and is polite to the other girls even the younger ones. I could tell her family was not wealthy by the clothes she wears and the things she says. I once overheard her explaining to another girl who was dressed a lot nicer and carrying a cell phone why she doesn't have one. She said "my mom has six children and I'm one of the youngest and so we can't afford things like that. It's too expensive." She is such a sweetheart.
Anyway sadly enough I was kind of frustrated that I had to pick her up because I was worried about being late.
When I arrived it was sad to see where she lives. It's an old tiny apartment in a dingy part of town. When she opened the door, her little face just seemed so happy to see me. She just beamed as she said good bye to her dad and came with me. She was so happy the whole time.
I guess that was the best part of my day is having her bless my life with her happiness. I am so grateful to get to know her and I pray I never forget the sweet feeling of gratitude she reminded me about today.



5 comments:
These pictures made me sooo happy/sad, all at the same time!! I can't believe how big Kyle is getting. He's no longer a baby. He is a little boy now! And your girls are getting prettier every day! When can we come visit?!? Seriously!
Also, I loved your story of the little girl! I often feel like I get so caught up in my own wants that I don't realize everything that I have. I am so blessed just to have the wonderful family and happy life that I do! And she realized that :) What an angel. And Melis, you are much the same! You find joy in your family far before shopping...or anything else for that matter :)
Oh my, Kyle is getting so big. Being a mom brings lots of reasons to worry. I'm happy you were able to go to the temple. The girls look like they are having fun. Don't worry, you will find the right place, your family will fit into where ever you move because you are so nice!
I miss my little Loca and Shazzi and kyle so much. I might even brave the cold to see them! they're so dang cute.
uncle e
THis is CINDY
Ah Melissa, I love this Post. Through you this little girl has touched my heart. I love her and we have never met.
I am so quick to forget about all the things I have in my life and instead concentrate on all the things that I want and dont have. I am so good at throwing myself a pity party. I need to be like this little blessed girl, I need to be grateful everyday no matter what the circumstance it. I need to do this because of how much God has given me. . I pledge tonight to try to be more like this angel and I will think of her whenever I want to throw myself another party.
Thank you for posting this. I love you, Thank you for being such a good friend to me. I look up to you so much.
I love you my sister, my mother, and my friend.
What a special little girl and at the same token, she must have just as special parents to raise her with such a lovely attitude, love is an amazing tool, if you have love - you do with so little .... your story is touching so many of us .... Your little ones are growing up so fast ..... love and miss you all.
Post a Comment