Saturday, January 8, 2011

Some reasons I love Missoula











My mother always taught me to focus on the positive things in life. It has always been difficult for me to see the good in something probably because it requires more effort. Moving to Missoula has definitely been a challenge. We're still trying to find a house and it's super cold and we miss our friends and family back "home."
However, today I would like to focus on some of the positives of moving here.

1. More family time. Katie and Sharon have always been good to each other but this move seems to have made them best friends (but they are still normal siblings and so they have normal sibling rivalry).
2. Dan and I have more quality time together.
3. This beautiful home with the spectacular views. I don't think I realize how lucky I am to live in such beauty. It really is a dream home!
4. Friends. We already feel like we've made some amazing friends.
5. We love the people here. They are so friendly. They love children and will often ask to hold Kyle (do you blame them).
6. The Carousel for Missoula (we love it). It's cheap and it's the best carousel I've ever been on. All the horses and dragon are hand carved by a famous artist.

6 comments:

The du Toit Family said...

Just look at all those happy faces, Melissa. There is this crazy techknowlogy called 'SKYPE' ... skype ... skype ..... where was that 24 years ago ... just had the telephone those days to keep in touch ..... love and miss you gorgious peeps ....

R Clan said...

I am so glad you are happy. I need to learn to be more positive about things like you. We miss you guys so much though.

Sharon & George said...

I know that the sun will eventually always shine through. Miss those beautiful grandchildren. Hope to visit soon.

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures! Looking at pictures of you guys makes me so happy and so sad at the same time! Happy cause I just love all of you...and sad because you are no longer a short drive away. That's okay though, because it looks like you guys are doing amazing! Love you!!!

and Missoula loves you too!!!!!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Meliss I sent you my phone...

Geez I HATE not talking to you

Charlene and Co said...

Count your blessings cause they are many:-)
Lovies C