I've never been on a family trip that was full of so many ups and downs! It was so exciting to see the beautiful place we're going to. Parts of it remind me of Lake Tahoe in California. Other parts look just like the Sacramento River. It has a small town feel but yet it's a pretty big city with a mall and cosco (what's a mom supposed to do without these two necessities in her life).
Then there were times and parts of the trip when I just broke down crying because reality was kicking in and I finally realized this is for real and we are moving away from everyone and everything we love. I would look at Katie and Sharon and think of their best friends Lainey and Lilly and Marie and Clarissa. I would think of my own good friends. I would think of my beautiful FINISHED BASEMENT (with a big pantry) and my family living so far away and just cry.
But hey...that's when my sweet husband is so wonderful. He just listens and gives me a good foot rub and asks me if I still feel it's right and I know it is! It's just hard.
I'm so excited for our new adventure but I want to thank each of you (you know who you are) that has so blessed my family's life here in Utah. I will forever remember and miss you. If you're ever in the Missoula Montana area... we have a lovely guest bedroom waiting for you.



9 comments:
It's real. You guys really are moving. And in a day! It is crazy how life comes at you. I am SO excited for you guys!! Your girls couldn't stop talking about Montana yesterday. They are going to shine! The pictures look amazing, and I know this sounds stupid--but you look right at home, like you were meant to be there. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
I think you should just not move there. I mean what kind of a name is Missoula anyway???
Instead you should move to either Tahoe or better yet, someplace on the Sacramento River and worry about money later. With that Kyle of yours you could make millions, he should be a poster baby for Baby Gap.
I do understand why you're leaving anyways, it's only a matter of time before Gar and Jess move away from you guys, so it's better to be the one to move first, right?
Seriously though, I will have to use that bedroom of yours in Missoula, because you know you need the help in the decor department.
Oh how i miss you.... Utah has NO appeal without you guys there.
I have done this thing, not so far though, but I have done it, you have done it, from SA to USA .... it's going to be just fine, you will still have all your friends, the ring is just going to grow ... it is all a new adventure and for the kids to. They will go to school and church and meet more friends and so will you. It is another chapter in your lives .. I just have to go onto google earth and google you guys ... need to post your address and then I can see exactly where you are at! Love and miss you all, and good luck with the move.
Hey Melissa...out of anyone that I know, you are the family that can make it happen. You guys are so outgoing and people LOVE you. I got a call yesterday from a property manager for a rental referral. Keep your head up and enjoy what matters most. More time as a family. :)
We will miss you...keep in touch!
I didn't realize you were leaving already. That was quick. Sorry I missed saying goodbye. You are a beautiful example of what a mother and friend should be. Good luck to you all.
Hey Sweetie!
I am going to miss you so much! I saw the moving truck today and I was so sad for me- but happy for you and your cute family. I understand the up and down you are feeling- I have felt that too when my family moved but you can do it and things will be good you'll see! You have said that you and Dan both know this is the right thing for your family- so there may still be bumps in the road- but you can do this and I know you will do great! Please email me when you get settled cindi.bradshaw@comcast.net.
Good luck guys! You will fit in just great because you are so nice and friendly and just the sweetest family ever. Valley Maple Drive just won't be the same without you. We will miss you, keep in touch!
My friend you have such an amazing soul and you guys will be just fine in your new home. I promise I will come and visit you very soon.
So I finally decided to open up this Blog Post. I have been hesitant cause I didn't want to read it...cause I knew I would start crying again. I am going to miss my wonderful neighbors. It just will not be the same. Last night when I drove by your house I looked over to see if I could see a light on and saw it dark and desserted. I can feel you are missing already. :( Please let us know that you have made it safe and sound when you have a free moment.
Post a Comment