You might be wondering why there's a picture of Katie and her missing tooth on a blog about Father's day. Let me explain...
I was going to post a picture of Dan and then tell you why I'm so in love with him and why he's just as good of a dad as my own amazing father BUT then this happened. This sums-up the type of dad Dan so naturally is.
Katie's bit into something last week WEDNESDAY (emphasis added because that was 5 days ago). Her tooth almost fell out. Well it's been hanging on a thread since then. I've done everything imaginable to try and coax her into letting me pull it out. I told her the tooth fairy might give her extra money for being extra brave. Her oupa (whom she adores and trusts) offered to help her take it out on Thursday. Nothing worked! I even wanted to try wiggle it out while she was asleep...just because I was worried she would have it just dangling there for 3 weeks.
Well tonight I found her and Dan talking for a while. She lay on his lap and he talked her through the whole thing. She pulled it out on her own with her daddy coaching her all the way.
It's just a tooth I know but to me its a symbol of the great father Dan is. He is so kind and patient and is always motivating our girls to do difficult things.
I love you babe!
I would also like to put a plug in for my own father. The older I get the more I realize the many good things my father did for me and how important they are to me. I don't think it's a coincidence that all of his daughters married good men (not to brag) but they are good. They have weaknesses but they are good. I think my father was an excellent example of how a man should treat his wife and children.
I love you dad!
I plug for my father-in-law! I walked down our basement just a few minutes ago and felt so lucky to have the beautiful space down there. This would not have been possible if it weren't for you. You put in so many selfless UNPAID hours down there. Dan has a strong testimony and I believe that's from the good example you set for him.
Thanks for all you do for us.
I love you!



5 comments:
Dan's the Man. We love him. He really is a great daddy. Let me know how much money the tooth fairy left Katie.
He really is a great daddy! and so is your dad! both amazing men, whom i am glad to beable to say that i KNOW them! :)
Hey girl, so glad the tooth finally came out. She showed how loose it was, bet she was excited too and for the tooth fairy!! Fathers are for sure a blessing in our lives. You have a great hubby and he is such a great daddy too. I'm really glad that I know your father also, he is a great man and makes me laugh. Hey, let me know if you want me to e-mail the pics to you or you just want to get them off the blog. Loved visiting with you and the fam so much, hope to do it again really soon. love you all so much!!!
Yes, I'm lucky too because all the men in my life (this includes Dylan and Kyle) are the best. 'Somewhere in my youthful childhood I must have done something good'
love it-love it-love it.. ;)
Post a Comment