Do you ever have days when you just feel down? Wonder if you're accomplishing any good in your children's life. Well...let's just say it was one of those days. Then I saw Katie's primary teacher, Bro Hansen (kudos to him and his wife for taking on that CTR5c class-they are a hand full;)laughing after she told him something. The topic of sharing time was treating our bodies like temples. The kids were asked "who do you look like...raise you hand if you look more like your mom. Raise your hand if you look more like your dad." Well Katie told Bro Hansen "I LOOK JUST LIKE MY MOMMY BUT I HAVE MY DADDY'S BUM." He just laughed and laughed. He told me and I just couldn't help but laugh! She really brought some sunshine into my cloudy day!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
She is my sunshine...my little sunshine!
Do you ever have days when you just feel down? Wonder if you're accomplishing any good in your children's life. Well...let's just say it was one of those days. Then I saw Katie's primary teacher, Bro Hansen (kudos to him and his wife for taking on that CTR5c class-they are a hand full;)laughing after she told him something. The topic of sharing time was treating our bodies like temples. The kids were asked "who do you look like...raise you hand if you look more like your mom. Raise your hand if you look more like your dad." Well Katie told Bro Hansen "I LOOK JUST LIKE MY MOMMY BUT I HAVE MY DADDY'S BUM." He just laughed and laughed. He told me and I just couldn't help but laugh! She really brought some sunshine into my cloudy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
That is so sweet! Don't kids say the funniest things. I know mine have come up with some whoppers! I hope your day gets better.
That is hilarious. It sometimes scary what comes out of kids mouths.
P.S. That is just a bit of what my little girl was doing all this week. I really am in for some trouble! EEK!
What are you teaching that child of yours?!?
How funny, We love our Katie Combs! I wish she was in my class.
Oh my gosh! She has her auntie CINDy's bum. I love her. That story just brought sunshine to my day. I love you. I miss you.
Haha! That is too funny! She is so cute!
Just to cute for words! There are going to be many more where that came from, and I am talking from experience. You do really good by your kids, stop beating yourself up - you do really great!!! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, look in the mirror, and tell yourself on a daily basis, that you do great by your kids, and start believing in your parenting skills, you just have to look at those two little ones, and you can see how great you are.
Melissa- that is soooo funny! (this is Anna Oman from the Wymount days)
Oh the things the primary kids say...I love it. Kate is so dang cute, we miss seeing her all the time!
Hi guys!!! I finally got your blog! I've sooo missed you! I hope that you are all well (even w/ the tough days :)...ur both sooo great! My favs!!! I'm so excited that I have lots of back reading to catch up on! t/c!
Love,
~steph & Jowen
PS... Katie is sooo cute! I love what her response was!
Post a Comment