Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just some random pics...









So I've come to realize it's pretty gloomy around Missoula this time of year.
I was walking around Cosco the other day and found an odd looking lamp called a HAPPY LIGHT. It replicates the sun's light. At the time I thought what a strange idea however after a week of solid cloud cover I'm starting to think I need a HAPPY LIGHT.
Actually I have plenty of sources of happiness around me so I should be okay...right...what do you think?!?
Short disclaimer: We know Kyle is a boy but he does have two older sisters that love to play dress-up with him.

15 comments:

Carol said...

I love the photos of Kyle in the princess dress - we have SO many pictures of Ben all dressed up! I guess that's part of the package when you grow up with older sisters ...

Your photos are as beautiful as ever my friend.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Oh Meliss, Why not paint his nails too.

HURRY AND COME TO SUNNY CALIFORNIA.

Court said...

Ah- it'd be weird if you girls didn't dress up their only brother! :) Agh you have such stunning children. And i'd definitely need the sun lamp to survive a week of no sunlight!

Nades said...

i LOVE your random pics Lissi!
lol i remember when Sasha and i used to dress luke up in our ballet outfits, even have pictures! :P
XXX

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know I am soo excited to see those little ones in LESS THAN A WEEK!!! We miss you guys! Garreth has told me multiple times that he always wished when you guys were little that he could play with you...So I love it! Kyle is so handsome he can pull of a dress any day! :)
Love you...see you soooon!

Nanci and Steve said...

Love the pics. I'd say get the light. Lots of people in Alaska need them to get through the winter. it makes a huge difference. Missing you here.

Cindi said...

Lots of people have seasonal affective disorder (S.A.D) I am not saying you do but that light can really make a difference. I have thought about getting one for myself a few times! :) I really had a hard time with the lack of sunlight when I was going to school at Ricks (BYUi now)- I got pretty depressed but thankfully I just got more light and I felt much better! :) I love the pictures! Kyle is such a cutie! Miss you my friend!

bearcubbaby said...

LOVE THE PICS!!! Looks like Kyle is following in his daddy's footsteps. He has 2 older sisters and was initiated into dress-up time. AND what a trooper, he turned out so well and so it will be for KYLE!! Just shows you how much those sweet girls love their brother!!! What fun times and memories for ya all!!! LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU TONS!!!!

Sharon & George said...

Can't wait to see you in 4 sleeps Katie and Sharon. Can't wait to give my little Kyle lots of kisses. Wish I could order sunshine while you are in California for 10 days Melissa.

The du Toit Family said...

The kids are so cute .... loved the pics ...... you have plenty of sunshine in your home, who cares about outside .... love and miss you all, wish I could also be there for Thanksgiving .....

Joni said...

We were just talking about those lights, I think everyone misses the sun, it is pretty gloomy here too. We haven't seen the sun much at at all in a week or so. Kyle looks so much older already, you haven't even been gone that long either.

Charlene and Co said...

Iy has been raining non stop here for a week so I also need 1x happy light please:-)
I had such a giggle seeing how the girls dress Kyle up- that is so blackmail material one day!
You and your children are gorgeous and defnitely all the happy you need!!

R Clan said...

I can't believe you have poor Kyle all dressed up in those outfits. I need to come rescue him. Clarissa still misses Sharon so bad. Every Sunday she is so lonely in Nursery. It's just not fair. :( They'll bring her to me cause she needs to go potty and then she starts telling me about nursery but her friend Sharon lives far far away and there are no friends in there for her. :( It's so sad. We miss you so much.

Christina Mangelson said...

I laughed a little when I saw poor Kyle dressed up in "princess" dresses. No worries though, your brother survived 3 sisters and is only a LITTLE girly ;)

Lindsey is the exact opposite; I have to fight her to put anything girly on. Looking back, I was the exact same way. 5 brothers will do that to you!

I saw the "happy light" at our Costco too. I was debating on whether or not to get it but so far the weather has been fine out here. Today was 61 and tomorrow will be 66, but I'm sure come January I'll need one.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Marianne said...

Melissa, I miss you! Do you plan on coming to UT for Christmas? We would love to see you if you have time!