Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We found a home-haven.






Guys we found it! This is exciting because we have searched and searched for the right home.
Buying a home is an emotional roller-coaster. But finally I think we nailed it.
This is a much older home which is interesting as I never thought I would go for a home older than me. It's been updated inside and the parts that haven't I love like the brick fireplace in the sitting room upstairs and family room downstairs. My favorite part of the house is the views. The house that we are renting has made me think I can't live in a house again without amazing views. The backyard is BIG with large pine trees. It's beautiful and we're so grateful to finally (hopefully soon) have a home of our own (or should I say the banks;)

16 comments:

Mike Kingsley said...

Looks good, we'll be up soon! ;)

Caroline Kingsley said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you! I love the color! It looks so great! I've been thinking so much about you. I miss you! I'm packing as we speak to come see you ;) hehe

The du Toit Family said...

So glad for all of you, does not look old at all .....

Nades said...

O my gosh Lis! its beautiful! so much detail inside! i just die for that facebrick fireplace, and those open timber ceilngs with the brandings showing! stunning stunning stunning! i think i now need to visit to see it in person! (and the best thing about it...is that its so you!)
Love you guys!
X

Anderson Family said...

I love it!!! It looks great!

Joni said...

Beautiful, I love it, especially the kitchen. Post your address so we can send Christmas cards and such, congrats!

Cindi said...

That looks like a very nice home! I am glad that you found something that you liked! Sure do miss you my friend! :)

Henich Family said...

I love it! I love the brick and everything!!!! Great choice! I can't believe you are buying though...I really hoped you would be back here soon!

Jason Findlay said...

We're really excited for you guys. Just let us know when you're moving and we'll drive up and help. Hey Mel, I'm trying to find Dan's email address. Do you still have Michelle's? If so, could you send an email to Michelle with Dan's email address?

That house you're buying sure looks like you'd enjoy having guests... what do you think?

Carol said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I know how much it means to you to have a place to call your own. Hopefully I get to see it too one day ...

Sharon & George said...

Now you will have two houses to call your own. How did the inspection go?guncess

Marianne said...

ooo, its so beautiful! How exciting for your family! We miss you tons and tons and would love to come see you. Let me know when you're settled! (And of course you always have a bed or two here. Not like you don't have somewhere to stay when you come to UT, but still!) Phillip's brother lives in Great Falls and we've been wanting to come visit MT someday.

liesel said...

yay, I found your blog! Now I can blog stalk you! ;) ..and your new house looks BEAUTIFUL! (and yay that it is closer to us)

Christina Mangelson said...

So glad you have found something you love! Views/land are something you can NEVER change and I think it is so wise to move somewhere you will always love. Again, I am SO happy for your beautiful little family!

Mindi said...

I found you! Who knew I could google your name and wa-la!

Krista said...

I haven't checked up on you in a while. I love the house, but, I feel the same way as Andrea. I really hoped you would be back soon. It looks like you are all doing well. Miss you. -